Financial Information Security Plan
The Program Coordinator and/or the designated security committee will coordinate with other required departments to maintain the information security program. This policy will provide guidance in complying with all privacy regulations. Each relevant area is responsible to secure customer information in accordance with all privacy guidelines. In addition, the Program Coordinator and/or the designated security committee will maintain and provide access to other policies and procedures that protect against any anticipated threats to the security or integrity of electronic customer information and that guard against the unauthorized use of such information.
Physical Security Measures
- Limit access to offices where personal information is located to only authorized personnel and ensure that the area is locked when authorized individuals are not present.
- Ensure terminals and computer screens are orientated so as to prevent casual viewing.
- Ensure terminals and computers are not left unattended with personal information displayed.
- Ensure terminals are logged off when authorized personnel are away from their work area.
- Ensure printed copies of customer financial information are handled only by authorized individuals and kept in restricted access areas.
- Ensure printed copies of customer financial information are not to be left in the work area unattended.
- Ensure printed copies of customer financial information are locked in file cabinets or safes when not in use.
- Ensure printed copies of customer financial information are shredded when no longer needed. Shredder should be capable of producing unreadable material.
- All fraudulent attempts to obtain information will be reported immediately to the Program Coordinator.
return to top | previous page | next page